18.5.08

Wide pants

When I saw this week's topic of Illustration Friday the first thing that came in my mind was the wide pants we used to wear in the seventies. The time of The Osmonds, Jackson Five and The Bay City Rollers. Not to mention my favourites then: Slade, Mud and The Sweet. Those were the days!
When I was drawing the wide pants and the shoes with huge soles (yes, I had them too!) as you can see above, I remembered what David Letterman said a couple of weeks ago. I like to see his shows and the fantastic group of musicians around Paul Schafer! I'm glad they broadcast the show over here again after several years of abstinence.

4 comments:

Jenn Mason said...

Fun illustration! Great intrepretation!

Connie said...

A very good and entertaining drawing; they were short like that too, weren't they! From someone who as already almost too old to be running around in flares, but who is delighted they are now back in fashion; granny flares, perhaps.

neil said...

Absolutely great stuff! I remember flares and platform shoes unfortunately. Excellent piece and very funny!

mcverhoog said...

Thanks all for your nice comments.

Driving Home For Christmas

 Pen and pencil, 140 x 210 mm