5.5.08

Holiday sketches

The summerly conditions made me look for sketches I made on holidays I've had in the past. The sketch which most dated back, was the one I made in 1988, due to a vacation in the former Republic of Yugoslavia.
I went by bus, a terrible way to travel: it took more than 27 hours to get to our destination! Anyway, the weather, the scenery and the company of some fellow travelers made it a pleasant stay. When I got home (again: after more than a 27 hours journey by bus...) I somehow managed to stay in the holiday mood and made the sketch above. Or rather: a sketched collage.
Technique: pen and watercolor on Canson 300 grs. Unfortunately the dimension of the original is to big for my little scanner, but I guess you get the picture (so to say) of what it is like in Istria.

2 comments:

kennpenn said...

I've looked around your other site and love the street scenes. Solid shapes, lovely colors

mcverhoog said...

Hi Kenn,
Thanks for your kind words. I'm planning to draw more street scenes, actually.

Driving Home For Christmas

 Pen and pencil, 140 x 210 mm