3.6.09

Essential equipment

First rule of paragliding is: safety. So before I go out for a flight, I check every detail of my flying gear. It's very important to have your equipment checked, at least the night before, so you don't get surprised the next day at the last moment when you're about to take of on some mountaintop and realise that there's something not working.
It's also very important to take care for another big issue when you're about to fly: water. I once forgot my waterbottle and landed far from the landingspot. So, finally, more than two hours later on a hot summerday (we always fly at hot days because of the thermals) I arrived at a little village closest to the place I landed just to find out that every store was closed because of the middaybreak. Luckily there was a fountain at the villagesquare...
So, from that day on I always look after a sufficient watersupply along with my flying gear. Two waterbottles, just in case one get's broken.

4 comments:

joseph's art and stuff said...

cool, great illustration of the essentials, paragliding, wow, that sounds fun! i agree no matter what always bring extra water. have fun and be safe!

Silke Powers said...

You are braver than me! Great illustration of your paragliding gear! I love watercolor and ink!!

Art Fan Ako said...

Great illustration and watercoloring of the gears!

Sally Taylor said...

Great idea. I always love the less obvious interpretations for the topic.

Driving Home For Christmas

 Pen and pencil, 140 x 210 mm