27.2.12

Wooden Shoes

One of the typical things Dutch are known for are their wooden shoes. Very versatile invention, I must say. Strong, durable and extremely environmental friendly.
I remember my uncle used to walk in a pair of those on his farm. I couldn't walk on them. For a city boy these wooden shoes aren't flexible enough. Like most things you have to learn things at a young age. Luckily enough I was better in drawing then milking cows, so during my stays on the family farm I was mostly allowed to drive their big Ford tractor when harvest time had arrived. Giving me occasionally the opportunity to make a sketch. Unfortenately all those sketches made in my younger days are lost. But I still have nice memories about my vacations on that farm.


1 comment:

truongmuunghenhan said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

FadoExpress là một trong những công ty vận chuyển hàng hóa quốc tế hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi đài loan uy tín, giá rẻ

Driving Home For Christmas

 Pen and pencil, 140 x 210 mm