28.1.13

Steering Bar

For riding a bike properly it's important to have a good steering bar. Above I've drawn the steering bar of my trekking bike. Originally the bike came with a so-called Butterfly steering bar, but that wasn't strong enough to hold for long. After about 3.000 km cycling it broke. It gave me the opportunity to look for a better alternative. I choose the flat bar of Bontrager, in combination with Ergon GP3 handle bars. They're just great. Although it's said that you have many positions to place your hands on a Butterfly steering bar, I don't miss that at all. These handle bars support your hands where necessary and when you want to change position you can use the soft grip bar ends. I recommend them to everyone who ask my opinion on this subject. You can cycle long distances without getting sour hands or tired wrists.
Pen and ink.

No comments:

Driving Home For Christmas

 Pen and pencil, 140 x 210 mm