25.11.09

Illustration Friday Music


This week's topic on Illustration Friday is 'Music'. When I think of music, two things come up in my mind: The Blues and on the same level of interest: my saxophone.


One drawing doesn't do right to the wonderful looks of a saxophone. There are so many nice cornerings, valves and other parts that, when they work together, makes such a wonderful sound. So I highlighted a few parts of my saxophone.

This is my second Selmer Bundy II tenor. The first one was stolen after burglars had 'visited' my home. It took me a while (12 years) to get over it and buy another one. Now I have a black epoxy, second hand instrument, but it sounds just as great as the first one I had.


2 comments:

Coreopsis said...

Wow--great details on these illustrations. I love your pen and ink and washes.

gatheringwonder said...

incredible illustrations - I love the line work

Driving Home For Christmas

 Pen and pencil, 140 x 210 mm